Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Turning 70

When I wake up tomorrow I will be 70 years old.  I don't feel anything differently than today, my last day in my 60s.  I thought that by 70 I would be wiser or smarter or more even tempered, as in tranquil.  It is not happening.  Each day seems to be an effort to back away from bad behavior, idiocy, and silliness.  Maybe someday, in backing away from bad behavior I will stumble or fall into "eternal life" as Jesus called it.  Not the life after death so much as a quality or depth of life this side of the grave.  I would like both.  I am running slower each year.  The physical demise is a constant.  The rest is optional, if you believe in grace.  I do believe in grace, amazing grace!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Fr. Terry for at least trying to "save a wretch like me" Happy 70th.! Keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you best regards on your birthday. We love your silliness. You haven't lost a step! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Fr. Terry! (from Sean Farrell)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will always be young at heart and never lose your love of Bugs. Happy Birthday. Love, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I found your website by the use of Google whilst looking for a comparable topic, your
    site came up, it looks good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    Take a look at my webpage ... facebook sex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B'day friend !!!

    Mike Frey

    ReplyDelete