Friday, June 20, 2014

Blog Hits

Famous movie stars, singing performers, and professional athletes get a lot more hits on their blogs than I do.  They must have more and better things to say than do I.  I live in relative anonymity.  So I was surprised one day when someone took me aside and told me how important I was to the community in which I live, and what a difference I make, even though I am not around all the time.  I am still more stunned than at peace with such a statement of my importance.  I remember the times that I am so much drivel when I preach, and probably when I blog.  Thus the few blog hits and small numbers that would come to hear me.  I do much better in drawing a crowd when I am someplace new.  Seems once people get familiar with me, I am so much ho hum.  The mass attendance wherever I live is the same whether I am there or not.  It certainly keeps for humility, but I still tend to wonder why Justin Bieber has so many more blog hits than me?

2 comments:

  1. We have been looking forward to your arrival for a while now!
    You are important to us, and we are glad you are here....
    Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday--
    I think some of us (me) are not used to "blogs" as such.
    You are best "in person"!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love short homilies; especially with a thought provoking zinger!

    ReplyDelete