Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Selfish/Selfless

I read where selfish people can be caring and loving, except with them it does not involve anyone else. I think this is the difference between selfish and selfless.  We need to care for ourselves, yes, but balance this with caring for someone besides ourself.  We could be proactive about the environment, compassionate for the stranger and the anonymous sufferer in our path, and be loving toward those in our lives, or who are thrust upon us.  We need a balance.  Care for ourselves and care for others.  My sister Maureen and I were a perfect balance.  She cared for me and I cared for me.  She was selfless and I was selfish.  No wonder I have fond memories of growing up in the Bronx.  Now I have to be more like her.  I think I will go boss someone around!  I am selfless challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment