Saturday, June 21, 2014

No Needs

When I was young I remember hearing that God needs no other.  The Trinity is happy with itself.  I felt so unimportant, unnecessary to God.  Now I see it differently.  I am not an "other."  None of us are.  We are one with God.  God is in us and we are in God.  John's Gospel says so.  Whenever you think that you are a useless/worthless "other," get a second opinion.  This is why we call the Gospel the "Good News."  No one is worthless or useless.  We sometimes feel such, but feelings are not always reality.

2 comments:

  1. You are a priest who has am impact on keeping me on track. I remind my friends of your comments. You have more of an impact than you will ever know. I think I follow your struggles, joys, losses and learn what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter-in-law is an agnostic. She is also feeling worthless (she lost her job and is having difficulty finding another). My son does his best to be supportive, but she is inconsolable. As you say feelings are not necessarily reality for she is a very bright, well educated and capable person. At such difficult moments, how does one cope without God to turn to? No doubt she will find her way, I hope she can recognize God was always with her.

    ReplyDelete