Monday, June 16, 2014

The Garbage

I was sitting on my front porch when the noisy garbage truck pulled up to empty the cans sitting by the sidewalk curb.  Prayer is a lot like have the garbage picked up.  First you have to get to a space or place where you sit quietly, waiting, just like the garbage can is carried to the curb.  You wait in silence and stillness.  God comes along and empties the mess out from within you to replace it with Spirit Presence. We are all like garbage cans.  We get filled up with mess from daily life and our own character defects.  We need God's grace just to get carried to that place or space where we are open for emptying.  Quiet prayer is a way to allow God to lift this stuff from us.  Whenever you think too much of yourself, filled with false pride and judgment of other lesser creatures, remember…you are just a garbage can that needs some emptying.  I pray each day that the God Truck will come along.  I make a lot of garbage within.

3 comments:

  1. Just like you mentioned tonight. I am understanding and practicing more the quiet prayer. I am just trying to be patient and allow God and the power of the Holy Spirit to work within me. Thank you for your deliverance tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of the lesser creatures, but God does not take away my pain. Forsaken for certain

    ReplyDelete