Saturday, June 14, 2014

Opinion or Experience?

When someone gives me an opinion of something, I tend to ask them what is their experience.  It is amazing how many people have opinions based upon very little experience.  An opinion might be, "All such and such are…"  But their experience of such and such might be one single person, situation or none at all, but only what they heard someone else saying.  An opinion based upon little or no experience is one I take very lightly.  Would you want a spiritual guide who has many opinions but no experience beyond what they have read or heard?  The newly ordained will fill this bill.  I know.  I was one of them at one time.  Why do two people who have never lived through an event, have opposite opinions about the event?  Two people read the same book on economics.  One says it is trash and the other says it is great!  I listen to opinion.  It may have much wisdom.  But I tend to follow experience…if i want to improve my life.  I find no shortage or opinion, but a good spiritual soul friend is more rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment