Thursday, June 18, 2015

Falling In Love

For whom would you dress up?  For whom would you like to look your best?  God? Not really.  Most of us have at best a relationship with God that is like one we might have with a loving Dad.  We know that Dad loves us, but we don't much care about how we look around Dad.  We don't dress up for Dad.  We never fell in love with Dad.  We never fell in love with God.  When you fall in love, how you look, what you wear makes a difference.  Many people find a Higher Power that keeps them out of hell.  Life is not as bad as it once was.  But they don't fall in love with the HP.  They maintain sobriety.  Heaven for all of us, I think, is an experience of falling in love with whoever you call God.  It changes you.  Even St. Francis ofAssisi, who was not into clothes, changed what he wore and how he lived when he fell in love with his God.  I am fairly good at spiritual maintenance.  I am rarely at the falling in love place.  Oops! I see a food smudge on my shirt.  I think I will change the shirt.  I will do it for God if not for anyone else.  If what I wear can help me to focus on God, with GRATITUDE, then it is a good thing.  Just showing up is good, but there is so much more to transformation.  It can be the little things that  help move us to the next level.  If you are a church goer, think about that the next time you are going to church.

2 comments:

  1. When you fall in love with God, do you think about him all the time or feel uplifted when you think God ? If I think what will please God like when you fall in love with someone, do I think how he will smile at my offerings ? Maybe talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that you think of God all the time. I suspect that more things in daily life remind you of a LOVING God.

    ReplyDelete