Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Grace Again

I met a young woman who has a five year old boy.  The Mom seemed like a good Mom.  She found out that she was pregnant when she was homeless, unemployed, and putting bad things in her body.  There was no husband around either.  She was rather young at the time.   Lots of solid reasons for an abortion?  Yet she never went in that direction.  She had been a selfish thief, and yet when she found out she was pregnant something else took over.  I call it Grace.  Against overwhelming odds, Grace can happen.  It is a spiritual power, unearned, but always surprising in its power and presence. Today, this woman is free of all the mess in her life.  I like hanging around people like this.  I hope Grace will rub off onto me.

1 comment:

  1. I too witnessed Grace yesterday--a treasure to behold!

    ReplyDelete