Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Proof For Spirit

I met a woman recently who came across to me as a very nice and together person.  I felt comfortable in her presence.  Then she told me about her life as a younger woman.  She was kind of crazy and wild years ago and had the anecdotes to make for a vivid picture.  Then she spoke of some spiritual something that seemed to help change the course of her life.  I am a believer, but if I were not I think her story would at least get me to thinking.  She was crazy and wild and now she is sane and a useful member of society.  She felt that she did not do this on her own will power.  My church could learn form her.  We try to convince people of God by philosophical and theological arguments or put fear into you or debate with you.  There are people who tell me how important God is to them, but they rarely have stories of years of debauchery.  Young people all committed to God and church generally had uneventful lives beforehand, if not boring ones to a listener.  But real change, that might make people stop and think.  We need more of that in my church.  Peter the Apostle was like that, a real mess.  Then things changed.  I have aways been held attentive by his story.  I relate to mess in a spiritual journey.  Must be something about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment