Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jubilee

I am now a Golden Jubilee Ram at Fordham University.  It was a wonderful weekend.  I wore my black suit and collar both evenings for the more formal dinner occasions.  My classmates were very supportive and proud of me for being a priest, as I of them for all that they had done and many still do.  We did not spend a lot of time going over crazy stuff from years ago when we were young.  We were more interested in the journey since then.  I learned a lot about how Fordham impacted upon their lives over these fifty years.  And I was in New York City which brought out my New York genes.  The best times for me were when I could talk quietly to friends on Sunday morning as we were winding down from the big group affairs.  It was a chance to see what fascinating lives and turns we have taken.  But always, there was that Jesuit sense of making the world a better place, of questioning what people say is true and challenging old ways of doing things.  No wonder I don't fit in so well in the institutional church!

1 comment:

  1. You fit in exactly! The good Lord couldn't have placed you in any better. Oh, wait a minute. Maybe He had something to do with this. Congratulation, Fr.

    ReplyDelete