Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Heros

Who is your hero?  Who do you admire?  We sometimes have a person or persons in mind for one or both.  I think an equally important person is the person(s) we like to be around.  We might admire movie stars, and leaders, but if we met many of these people we would find that we don't care to be around them.  They were better seen from afar.  People we like to be around are people we have met up close and admire.  If you want to become a better person, then why not model yourself and your behavior upon the people you would like to be around.  Even monks in silence and solitude prefer other monks who best model silence and solitude.  I like to be around my sister Jane because she models a manner of life that attracts me.  We vacation well together.  Think about that the next time you are thinking about spending money on a vacation with someone(s).  Groups of mixed types of personalities are not my strong point.  I have extrovert friends and enjoy their company, but I do not want to be an extrovert.  When younger, I tried.  All I got out of it was a headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment