Saturday, March 12, 2016

Serenity Prayer

I like the serenity prayer.  It is short and to the point.  Basically, it says that I work on what I can change.  The rest I leave up to God.  I leave a lot up to God.  I cannot really change me.  I can change what I do.  I can meditate.  The results I leave up to God.  I can clean up my room, but that will not make me less whinny, fearful, or anxious.  I can try to behave better or avoid problematic places and people, but the basic me will be changed by God over time.  Change some behavior, but basic attitudes, ways of responding emotionally to situations is God's doing.  I used to think that if I prayed more I would not be a jerk or act like a jerk.  I think that God still has some work to do.  Anyway, I guess I am learning patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment