Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Maureen

My sister, Maureen, died on this date, twelve years ago today.  When I speak of her in stories, people ask me where she is now.  I tell them that she is in purgatory.  They are shocked that I would even think that.  I tell them she was a witch and so she has to pay.  No one believes me.  You say that I am a rotten person for saying such things and my mouth should be washed out with soap?  But consider first, that I must be saying wonderful things about my big sister, or else people would not have such a good opinion of her, never having met her.  This goes to prove that it is what you recount about a person when telling of events in their life, that makes or breaks their reputation.  She is beloved for what she did.  My opinions have no standing.  So if you want to be thought well of, don't worry about what names or opinions people give or have of you.  A life lived in Love and Loving trumps all opinions and evil words of bratty, little brothers. Deeds last forever, whereas people's opinion of us die with them or change. Twelve years in purgatory, maybe she is in heaven by now?

1 comment:

  1. I never realized your sister had passed away. We love the Maureen stories! Today is my Dad's 93rd birthday. He had a couple of heart attacks last week and we didn't know if he would make it to today. He got 2 stents for his birthday:) I'm sure you miss your sister everyday. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete