Friday, April 8, 2016

The Messenger


When I hear people say that they cannot advise someone who wants a spiritual life, or at least a step out of rock bottom misery, I find it full of false pride.  These "good" people think it is all up to them to help someone to change.  It is not.  We who are on any spiritual journey or recovery from rock bottom, are simply the messengers.  God does the work.  When I try to proclaim the Good News, I don't worry about "doing it right."  I try to speak from my experience of which I have confidence.  I don't have to be a great scripture scholar, or deep thinker.  So when someone asks for help give them your honest self-experience of God, recovery, health improvement or whatever growth area you and they are in.  Leave the rest up to God.  False pride says we are not good enough.  God works well with damaged goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment