Friday, February 11, 2022

Burn

 I am a bad priest.  I rebel at some teaching of my Church.  I am supposed to parrot them, but instead I rebel.  I question.  I ponder.  It is insurrection at times.  But someone said, probably another bad priest, that insurrection precedes resurrection.  Say what?  Well, experience the questions. Live the questions.  Rilke said that.  Maybe if I burn I will meet Rilke, the poet?  But maybe, from deep inside, where things cannot be hurried, a new clarity will develop.  I like that.  Rilke says it requires humility and patience.  I am in need of both, but they are necessary so I don’t just wallow in rebellion.  But when I come upon this new clarity, my sense of resurrection to new life, and tell a non-questioning, fully accepting of Catechism person in my church, they say to me, “Father, I will pray for you.”  Any insurrection people out there?  I could use a congregation.  

3 comments:

  1. I also am between a rock and a hard place. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wonder if those who say that to you are living what they are saying? You are a child of God, a man of your word and Love in action. I am grateful for you and I hope you know that you're most definitely never alone.

    ReplyDelete