Monday, February 28, 2022

Home

 If I am only in this monastery until Covid passes, then I am not really here at all.  This place has no chance to become home until I can be present where I am.  If I were to say, “I gotta get outa here,” is it the place or is it me?  A lot of times we blame a place where we live at the moment for being problematic, when in fact, it is ourselves who are the problem.  We simply cannot own the present and “be here now” in a way that opens us up to hidden gifts right where we live.  I used to travel a lot in my work and live in several places.  But then I did not really live anywhere.  I was simply a “visitor.”  I am trying not to let visitoritis win out.  I try to stay open to the present moment, this day, this weather.  There are surprises, and good ones when I do this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment