Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Judgment

 Do you meditate to feel good?  That often passes, and then you don’t feel good.  You feel disappointed.  And does anyone change in any deep way because they felt good in a meditation?  That will pass quickly because the world shows up soon enough in all its imperfection.  No, I would rather meditate to come to know myself in all my own imperfections.  What good is that?  For one, I will be less likely to judge others and therefore less likely to bear burdens of resentment. Now that is change.  Second, I might get to love myself with my imperfections.  That would be change.  It would be acceptance, and that might reach out to this imperfect world of reality.  It is life on life’s terms.  I might even become a more loving person.  And I will stop asking other people to take the job of making me happy with myself.  That happiness would be my job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment