Saturday, February 26, 2022

What Stays

 As someone said, “When you die, what you have goes to someone else.  Who you are you will be forever.”  So I hope that whatever I am will be in service to others.  In these Covid times we tend to isolate or keep a distance.  This can make being of some service to others a bit more challenging.  In this monastery, I try to be of some service in cooking and in listening to others, giving them my attention and time.  I have zoom to reach out and teach as well as listen to others.  But I hope that after Covid there will be more I can do in being of service. I used to worry if anyone would remember me after I die.  Heck!  I am already being forgotten living up here in this monastery!  But I don’t worry so much about it anymore.  Well, a little.   

2 comments:

  1. I dunno, maybe we're sorta like a mandala. Created and just swept away. That's why graveyards are silly, within a couple of generations no one knows who or why these folks were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I grow with you and learn from you, you become part of my spirit. How can that not live on, no matter the form I take when I graduate from this set of luggage I'm currently in? A part of you has become a part of me. And so is true for all I love and even the lessons I learn from those who aren't my favorites. I am changing everyday with those relationships and I will never be the same. For that I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete