Sunday, February 13, 2022

Shallow Holes

 I remember when I dug a lot of shallow holes thinking I was going to get to some deep spiritual source that way.  I took religious study courses in college where I worked.  I met with teachers in various traditions and learned a little practice and reading from each of them.  I had a lot of comparative information, but no one depth.  I went back to my original tradition and began to plumb the depth with fortitude, patience and practice, with reading from outliers in my own tradition.  What I had learned from other traditions aided me, enlightened me from a different perspective about my path.  So I had a lot of shallow holes and one deep hole to find my life-giving waters.  My path is not the only one, but it is the one for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment