Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Net

 We use nets to capture butterflies because we cannot capture them in our hand.  They are too elusive, and are made not to be captured.  The soul is like the butterfly.  It is not meant to be captured by anyone else.  So we use nets.  These are our judgments and labels we give people to capture them, hold them, at least to our way of thinking.  This is not love.  If you loved the butterfly you would let it fly.  Not pin it to something.  Religions try to capture the soul, like a net.  But we don’t have to stay in the net unless we prefer to be captured rather than to be free.  A lot of people want the safety of net and not the freedom of discovery.  In meditation I try to free my soul from my mind, my judgments and labels of myself or the labels of others that I too readily accepted in order to fit in.  Fitting in can be a form of being pinned down.  Fly.  

1 comment:

  1. This is very helpful to me and the timing could not be better. Thanks for the message carried on butterfly wings. :)

    ReplyDelete