Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Unsolicited

I tend to have unsolicited thoughts.  They just come up, along with the emotions that go with them.  I don’t ask for such thoughts.  I am going about in peace and emotional sobriety and suddenly I am off on a jag.  My slumbering character defects wake up and are full of energy.  This is why I need a good morning practice of silence and meditation.  For even in mediation, the unsolicited thought comes up, but I seem to notice it soon enough and practice letting it go.  This sets me up, frequently, for noticing, sooner rather than later, that I am walking about or doing something, but full of negativity.  People are a mess.  The world is a mess.  My living situation, or the kitchen is a mess and it is all because of something or someone, not me.  When I catch myself in this mode, humility comes to me.  I am the only problem that I can handle.  So I use my tools for peace and acceptance to get back on track and dismiss the unsolicited thoughts.   

1 comment:

  1. This was exactly what my heart needed. Thank you, Father Ryan, and hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete