Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Longing

 When I was young, with good health, and a sense of future, I often longed for things that were just beyond my reach at the moment.  Whatever I had was simply not enough.  Boredom could become front and center.  Escape from the moment, or plan a big event to look forward to.  But now that I am older, I am happy to be able to take a walk without pain in one place or another of my body.  When younger, a walk?  So boring.  When younger I did not so much enjoy what I had but what I had not, even if I could not name this absence or lack.  Now, I try to enjoy what I have because it could be taken from me in an instant.  When young I had too much time to fill up.  Now, I enjoy the gift of time that I have.  Longing often comes from an absence of imagination and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment