Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Version

 When I talk about becoming your best self, true self, I find for me this is an improved version of the old me.  I don’t completely change.  I still have my past, my old past.  Scars heal, but they may still leave a mark.  It is like getting fit.  You might lose some weight, or get better body proportions, but you don’t get shorter or taller.  So I try to be spiritually fit, a better version of the old me.  I have tendencies, thoughts, memories, but I don’t act on them like I used to.  They don’t have the power over me that they used to have.  I will always like chocolate, and I might think of eating it, but then I don’t.  Well, maybe I am not THAT changed!  Keep working on our better version.  Tolerance in our progress will help.  It takes daily practice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment