Tuesday, May 3, 2022

God Slot

 I tend to slot God.  I give God a certain time of the day for meditation.  God gets slotted for a half hour to forty minutes.  Then I get up and go about other ego-satisfying or anxiety-reducing activities.  I am trying to get out of this habit.  It did take a while to give God any slot in my day and I was so proud of me for making God room in my day.  But now I want God to be more than forgotten or in the shadowy background of my routines and projects.  When I catch myself in fantasy, whining, resentment, fear, or other debilitating ways to fill my time, I stop, and reflect that God is in and around me.  It is a moment of solitude, when I am truer to myself and what I am about.  Which is?  A glance at eternity in this moment of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment