Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Someone Else

 I am trying to be “someone else.”  In living with men, which I have been doing for many years now, I find that there are some common household and work tasks that is no one person’s job.  Common towel laundry, linens, dishes, food on a counter, garbage/trash might be in this category.  If no one is assigned, who ends up doing this?  Someone else, as in “Oh, someone else does that.”  In fact there is no such person as someone else.  It is a fiction to replace the reality that the speaker is not going to bother.  Men prefer to do things that feed their egos.  I used to get resentful of this, but resentment is not a good way to spend time living with others.  So I am now trying to be the “someone else,” when I see things left undone.  And I try to take God with me.  God Power is what gets me to be positive about living with men.  

No comments:

Post a Comment