Sunday, May 29, 2022

San Francisco Happiness

 One of the problems with the San Francisco populace is that so many people move here to be happy.  It is very self-referential.  People with this focus do not come here for the weather, or the low cost of living.  They are not happy wherever they were, and seek geography as the solution.  It may be one of the reasons so many people are or become addicted to drugs and alcohol.  It is a pursuit of happiness or escape from misery. They have a spiritual problem of self, but seek a solution that is more about self, rather than less about self.  Such people do not move here to be of service to others, unless that might make them “happy.”  I came here in 1969, and am here as I write this blog, as a rather self-imploded person.  No time for religion, or prayer.  Time for party when not working.  I still have friends in my life who I met here, which is a miracle of their acceptance of me.  So if you are thinking of making a move, or are unhappy about where you are, try not to make it all about you.  And don’t come here for the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment