Monday, May 9, 2022

Hidden

 God is hidden.  Not a very good promoter.  Many people say there is no God.  They looked here and there, but came up with nothing.  Well, nothing is God too.  God is no thing.  Some people do believe in a God, but cannot make much use of their God in their conventional programs for happiness.  But, I have found that this hidden, no thing, obscure and ignored God can be loved.  I find it in my deeper meditation.  Suddenly, the here and now draws me in to a sense of Oneness.  So if I am going be One with “The One” should I not take on attributes of being hidden, obscure, unknown?  So you see why the ego does not much care for such meditation, much less contemplation. If you want to be a big deal in the culture’s conventional programs for happiness, that is, more power, control, esteem, don’t bother asking the God I have found.  God seems to be more about less.  

1 comment:

  1. This captures my heart, thank you Father Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete