Thursday, May 26, 2022

Less Or More

 I may lose my office at the parish in Boulder.  It will be decided in June.  Seems the parish wants to offer baby-sitting to school teachers.  They would use the office of one of the priests for that and move him to my office.  So far I am at peace with this since it sounds like a good ministry offering and I am not there all that much.  Plus, I have no control over the decision so why get upset over what is beyond my control.  Many a Saint has said it is better to have less than to have more.  Maybe it will help get in touch with my smallness, or nothingness in the best sense.  Having things does not make me better or more important.  Detachment and letting go have been good practices for me.  Maybe this is a test.  

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying on a deep level and I can relate. Your spirit is wiser than you may realize. I also feel it's important to acknowledge change can be uncomfortable and, for me, loss was still there. Sobriety offers me the tools to feel all of the feelings and God is always there to listen. You're a gift no matter where you put your feet! Hugs across the miles :)

    ReplyDelete