Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Healing

 So when does my hidden, obscure, no thing God act?  My God acts in and when I recognize my own weakness, defects, shortcomings, mess ups, in my ordinary and everyday life.  Character defects, bad habits if you will, don’t show up occasionally.  They are habits that I cannot change on my own broken will-power.  In stillness and silence, I wait. Pay no attention to my agenda or thoughts.  Let go of control.  Just be. In time, this practice will reveal some hidden mess in me, or some mess I thought was minor, but found out was a major component of how I meet the world or ordinary, daily life.  If prayer goes deep, the roots of the mess become dislodged in God Power.  How do I know? Because in the everyday, outside the meditation time, I act and think better, more connected to others and their pain or gifts as the case may be.  Selfless love and compassion is quite a trip.  

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that the truth of the situation may be better than what I perceive in the immediate moment. So fortunate that the God Power will eventually resolve to a good conclusion what now seems to be such a tangled mess. "Less of me, more of God" should be my daily practice!

    ReplyDelete