Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Craziness

 Some people in addiction recovery tell me that they struggle with the acceptance of a Higher Power to restore them to sanity.  I think that they miss something that goes before the acceptance of a HP.  the second step says whatever they believe to be their HP will restore them to sanity.  So they first have to admit they are crazy.  Otherwise, what is this “restore to sanity” stuff about?  If you look down upon people who practice or believe in spiritual stuff and say, “Only crazy people believe in God!” Then you quality!  You are crazy.  You stuck yourself with needles, ingested mind altering stuff, so you are are crazy.  Should be a short step to accept the HP is working in your life.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I couldn't agree more. You made me laugh because it was quite a shock to realize I was crazy. However, as you said, it was a short step to beginliving in a solution. I'm grateful every day for that gift.

    ReplyDelete