Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Thought Comes First

I heard people say that they were not even thinking about doing something, but then did it anyway.  I believe that most of the time I am thinking about something before I actually do it.  Example: I go into bar.  I am NOT there to meet anyone.  I have other better things to do.  I am not thirsty.  But I go in for maybe a drink.  I stagger out hours later, the poorer in health, stomach and pocket.  What happened?  Well, at some point in my head the thought came that it would be a good idea to have "another."  As someone said, "You get drunk in your head before you relapse."  Accidents do happen, such as hitting your finger with a hammer while driving in a nail.  But they sure don't happen by walking into a bar if you are a drunk.  Or by going to a liquor store for supplies, "just in case."  Meditation makes me honest.  And I am the richer for it in pocket and heart.   

2 comments:

  1. So true, on all accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to quit whiskey so I ask Jesus to take the devil influence away so I can drive past that liquor store. Thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete