Sunday, November 6, 2022

Grace-Digging

 My prayer life is a lot of grave-digging prayers.  Some day, my remains will be buried, but I have spent a life-time burying the “I” as I was created to be.  Why?  I wanted to fit in.  I wanted to be a success in the world’s eye.  I wanted to avoid the curse of loneliness, of failure to succeed in the race for being a “winner” as the world, empty of a spiritual-filled center, held out to me.  Why would I walk into a bar filled with strangers and ask for a drink?  Or more.  Why not walk out and feed the reason I walked in there in the first place?  Go do zazen somewhere or sit quietly in a sacred space.  So my prayers are digging up the me that fortunately does not die.  This is the good news.  the breath of Grace. Neglected, but not dead.  I am hopeful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment