Friday, November 4, 2022

The Compass

 I cannot navigate my way to God using some method as my compass. I come to God by love.  I might feel a sense of peace in a method, a sense of direction, a map or pointer but if there is no love, then I am missing the reason for an interior practice of prayer.  How do I know if I am going to God by love?  I will know by how I relate to people and situations around me, especially where I am not in control.  If I find myself meditating, but living a life otherwise governed by fear, anger, resentment, and escape, I probably have not contacted a Spiritual Power by the path of love.  I remain adrift and maybe lost.  A solution? Find someone, some book, some way that has gotten beyond your misdirection.  Those who have been there can be the best teachers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment