Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Consistent

 One of the ways that we show love is by being open to the needs of others.  I have found that as a priest I do this ‘Professionally” but in a review of my life, some would call this a “Tenth Step” I have found that I have not always been consistent.  When I am less noticed, less in my professional clerical role, I can be quite unconcerned about the needs of others.  “Not my problem,” or “They got what they deserved.”  Whether or not both of these statements are true, love responds positively because love makes me a better person.  Being helpful keeps me out of “self” which is a sobering way of living.  So, when I feel that non-caring attitude that no one will notice, I am on the way to my own misery.  The good and the bad often starts with little things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment