Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Barstool

 I remember going to a bar on a Friday evening after work. If I got there soon enough, I got a barstool seat and an early bird discount on a drink.  That was the extent of my plans for the rest of the evening.  The question I asked myself, since I was not talking to anyone else, was, “Is this who I am?”  The answer was, “Yes.”  Beyond this barstool there was no future plan or event.  And it was going to get fuzzier.  But then with no effort on my own, another question came up.  “Is this who you want to be?”  And I said, “No.” Where did that come from?  Well, I guess I was not so alone on that barstool.  It is called a spiritual moment or experience, not that I knew it as such at that time.  But I did get off the barstool and left.  Two things can happen from such a moment.  I save a lot of money, and can begin the search.  Spiritual paths can include barstools.  Never underestimate the power of the Power.  

1 comment: