Thursday, March 21, 2024

Surrender

 Usually, my lack of control over something is more apparent to everyone around me before it is apparent to me.  It takes a bit of humility, maybe preceded by humiliation, before I would admit I lack control.  I want one thing, but do another.  But there is a good side to humility.  Actually, there are no bad sides.  Humility leads to a better life because I am open to a better attitude about change, loss and letting go.  I think of this in terms of physically moving from where I live, to another place.  It would not be my choice to move.  But I won’t have control.   Someone else decides, and then I pack up.  But if I can be open to what is next, instead of whining, there might be a miracle I did not know before the move.  Surrender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment