Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Joseph

 Yesterday was the Feast of St. Joseph in my tradition.  Who was he?  Good question, since he was pretty much ignored for centuries, while the wife, Mary, and the son, Jesus, got top billing.  I relate to Joseph.  He was ignored, though he did some heavy lifting because he listened to his heart and not to popular opinion.  Seems his betrothed, Mary, got pregnant and not by Joseph.  His tradition, community, said to stone her to death, but he listened to his heart, his interior voice.  He became a fugitive, instead of living a nice life of being a carpenter in his home town.  He taught his son the carpentry trade.  Then he disappeared from the scene.  He had a big life, but a small ego.  So I like Joseph.  I do my best, listen in the still, quiet silence each day, and get on with being unnoticed.  I am important to someone, but I need not know who that is.  Some days I wish my blog readers were not so anonymous, but  one or two keep me going.  

4 comments:

  1. You're always in my heart and you just need to pull out the "very big" scarf, lol, should an extra hug come in handy! ✨️💖✨️ I hope your recovery is off to a smooth start. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a birthday coming up next week. Hope you have a lovely day where ever you are then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a special person.

    ReplyDelete