Saturday, April 6, 2013

"A"

There is a big difference between being "a" Catholic and "I am" Catholic.  If I say that I am a Colorado Rockies baseball fan, I mean that I am one of many fans.  Well, not so many anymore because the team stinks and all the fair weather fans have thrown their "Rockies" tee shirts and stuff away.  But if I say that "I am" Rockies, I mean that the very team, and through them, baseball, channels in my blood.  My very being is filled with rooting for my team.  Being "a" Catholic means that I am one of many.  Being Catholic means that my very identification is Catholic.  Everything about me is Catholic.  There is a difference in tone, meaning, emphasis, when one says, "I am an American," and when one says, "I am American."  So are you one of many this Easter?  Or has Jesus gotten under your skin and into the marrow of your being?

1 comment:

  1. So if Jesus is under my skin and in marrow, then what?

    ReplyDelete