Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lightly Read

In looking over my posts, I notice a pattern.  The posts that seem to suggest that the reader might change their life or spiritual practice, are lightly read.  The posts that tell nice stories, or tweak the religious establishment, doctrine, instituitional rules and regulations, get a lot more readership.  Do people prefer to complain and blame, rather than change?  I am sure that Jesus ran up against a disfunctional religious establishment. He told stories/parables, and challenged people to change.  He got little positive response from this.  He went on to his own spiritual developement and began to speak in a "Wisdom Literary" style.  His teaching became, "I and the Father are One."  Take it or leave it.  Most everyone left it, and left Jesus too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Paul. Regards

    Here is my web page ... waist height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instructive posts that have a lot of religious content I personally am afraid to comment on. I wouldn't want to expose my ignorance of the meanings of the gospels. The instructions to go deep into prayer and create a deeper relationship with God - well how can anyone disagree?

    The posts that are more about general human conditions, those I feel entitled to an opinion.

    ReplyDelete