Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Eat My Body

"If you eat my flesh, and drink my blood, you have eternal life," said Jesus.  The easier, softer way is to go to mass, and receive communion.  Once a week should do it, right?  So then why do we all leave church and stay gossipy, judgmental, dog eat dog competitive, ignore others' suffering and be unkind?  Because we ignore the narrow road of disciplined, consistent mystical prayer which would get us out of our thinking mind and anxious emotional life.  The mystic will sense a Oneness with all life around them, including Jesus.  No longer will God be seen simply as the "Other."  Oneness becomes an added dimension.  This is "eternal life," of which Jesus was teaching.  The ritual eating of the food is a sign of this, but cannot make the dimension of Oneness happen, as if by magic.  I believe that the food is God, but then so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment