Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Pastor

A new pastor is coming to the parish in Boulder where I live some of the time.  I was wondering if he would let me stay here.  He said he wants me here.  I like that.  Now I need to get ready to run the big 10K race, The Bolder Boulder, on Memorial Day.  The new pastor has done it 23 times.  I am not sure that I can break an hour anymore.  Some people say, "Oh, just run it and have fun."  That does not compute with me.  Is there a saint to intercede for competitive types like me?  Someone besides St. Jude, the patron of lost causes!

5 comments:

  1. Father Terry, Great News on getting resolution to your housing situation! It has made both of us feel more at ease. Sometimes I believe priests don't know the full impact they have in people's lives, and you have had a significant one on mine. So I look forward to the continuned journey. As for the saint to help with the Bolder Boulder I think his name is saint PED. But I heard he only helps for a while? You may want to talk to Lance A about him?? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for prayers to St. Augustine. He has a whole writing on perseverance, which it seems to me what you are after, perseverance of competitiveness, perseverance in living arrangements, and mostly perseverance in your relationship with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saint Sebastian is the Patron Saint for runners.

    ReplyDelete