Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mary Died

My 100 year old friend, Mary, died on Saturday night last.  Her relatives are glad I got there to give her sacraments.  Now who comes to a funeral of a 100 year old person?  Hardly anyone.  Mary outlived her friends and most of her relatives.  It will be a small funeral.  It will be joyous.  Who can be upset with someone getting a 100 years of life?  You want a big funeral with lots of people crying over your death?  Better hurry up and die.  The young get the biggest funerals with the most tears.  I think I would prefer waiting and have a small funeral with my few alzheimer friends in attendance.  Sometimes it is not so bad to be forgotten.  Is this what you call whimsy?

3 comments:

  1. thank you. nice thoughts... nice way to start the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to Mary on a life well lived! Blessings on you and her friends, and as a wise woman who handed out manny blessing to others, you might be surprised as how many turn up.

    My real question is that if your few friends have alzheimer's, how are they going to remember to come - I think you'll be forever young and alive in their few remaining thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.But, I want some young friends who ail remember to come!

    ReplyDelete