Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Body And Blood

I read an insight into the Eucharist.  Jesus gave his body in the bread and his blood in the wine at the Last Supper.  So?  Well, on the cross his blood was separated from his body in his suffering and dying.  The insight?  This crazy world will not become a better place unless good people are willing to suffer, to give up something for others.  Sponsors know this in recovery programs.  Monks know it in making a monastery function.  Married people know it.  I need the Eucharist, not to get God into me.  God is always in me.  I need the Eucharist so that I can get the grace of God Power to be able to give up of my selfish self for the sake of making this a better world.  Or at least not make it worse.  Somedays, the latter is the best I seem to be able to do.

1 comment:

  1. Are you saying that we need the Eucharist in order to get rid of the ego-centric selfish self that is controlling our behavior?

    ReplyDelete