Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wow!

I received an email from a young woman who was a student at the University of Tennessee in 2000 when I was pastor of the campus Catholic Church.  Apparently I said something that triggered her vocation.  Soon she will take final vows in a contemplative religious order in Mexico City.  She has never forgotten me and sent me an email to say so and ask for my prayers.  Here I thought I was a complete failure to get students to try the contemplative path.  Well, I am still a failure with USA students, but lets look on the bright side.  This might get me a little less time in purgatory, should I even make it that far.  Sometimes, it might be good NOT to know that God is using me.  Keeps the ego small.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Let us all pray for the young woman in Mexico, the old men of Snowmass and all the frustrated failed contemplatives. I listened to one of your talks years ago at St. Tom's in Boulder. I can still remember the few words that you said to me and it has made all the difference. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be amazed at how people have been touched by your words and kindness over the years. We so often fail to acknowledge the little moments in life that touch us and stay with us. Like Teresa of Liseuix. It was the little things that made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete