Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Essence

I love this quote.  "I love the ocean, except for the wet part."  It is a bit like someone saying, "I am spiritual, but not religious," yet they do not pray.  They have nice thoughts now and again about the cosmos, things not material, but they do not pray much beyond saying a few words now and again forsomething they want.  Without prayer, the kind that is meditative, listening, open, there is no spirituality.  I have also met people who say they are religious, worship and rule keepers, who do not pray much either.  Prayer is the "wet" of spirituality and religion.  All else will follow.  Even recovering drunks know this!

1 comment:

  1. I say a morning prayer each day. It is a prayer of gratitude for everything I have received. I share what I have with others and I thank the Lord each day for my family. I am not religious, I do not have a deep spiritual life. I am not into things. I covet nothing.
    I am nothing, not even a recovering drunk.
    Anon

    ReplyDelete