Monday, June 10, 2013

Immaculate Heart

There is something in my faith tradition called, "The Immaculate Heart of Mary."  Sounds weird to a lot of people, including many in my own tradition.  To me, it is a way of saying that Mary is very loving, but doesn't talk a whole lot.  Her love ponders.  She loves faithfully, unconditionally, patiently, rather than talks on and on about love.  I have always felt comfortable around statues and pictures of Mary.  She always seem to look young, yet motherly to me.  It is the child in me.  It is good to be a child of God.  You may think all this weird.  Well, I guess that I am weird.  To be a believer in anything is becoming more and more weird in the post modern world.

3 comments:

  1. "Immaculate Heart our hearts are on fire, Ave Maria" One of the favorite hymns from my childhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Catholics are all weird!!! but it is what we know love and believe.

      Delete