Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Truth Can Change Us

Recently, I had criticized two priests, not to their face of course, but rather publicly.  They called me on this when they found out from their numerous fans and informers.  I heard the truth.  "Why had I done this," I asked myself?  I realized that it was pride.  "I don't have THAT fault!" I would say to myself.  I had to apologize, because I was in the wrong.  I was blessed with the priests bringing this up to me.  I am glad that I did not defend my actions, but rather apologized and am trying to not only learn from this, but watch my tongue.  It is alright to have a critical thought based upon pride.  We cannot help what pops into the head.  But the damage is done to others when the tongue speaks.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words and thoughts. You remind me that I can improve my self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not know what might be going on in someone's life that causes us to feel critical of them. I did this too recently and learned that her father is dying. We are not perfect beings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems when my pride is hurt, I react like a pride of lions. Pride, humility, ego and anger. When we are hurt, we react. I try but can not turn the other cheek even if I am right. Maybe we are all trying too hard to be right. How do you learn humility Father? Can it be taught?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humility is learned by realizing that left to our own devices, we cannot overcome a fault, or character defect. We need some power greater than ourselves.

    ReplyDelete