Friday, June 14, 2013

The Zone

When I am in the contemplative "zone" all my other worries, fears, anxieties are seen as so much inconsequential rubbish.  That place of deep rest just comes over me.  No method will take me there.  My job is just to show up and sit.  Suddenly, from time to time, I realize I am in the zone of deep rest.  I become aware of it.  It overwhelms all else I have been fretting about.  Other things and people in my life don't lose their importance.  Worrying about the rest of my life does lose importance.  As the day goes on and I find myself focused on some task, issue, and fretting, I try to recall the zone, just as a reminder that as the zone passed, so will this issue of which I am making such a big deal. People may be a big deal.  Our career may be a big deal.  But worrying about them, getting all bent out of shape about them is rubbish.  A difference is that my fretting will probably change nothing.  The zone will change me radically.  But I have to show up to the practice each day.

2 comments:

  1. "Peace dwells in a humble heart".... Thomas A Kempis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, simply become aware of your blog through Google, and located that it is truly informative.
    I’m going to be careful for brussels. I’ll be grateful
    for those who continue this in future. Lots of other folks might be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    Visit my page gardening

    ReplyDelete