Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Aged

I noticed a restaurant sign that advertised "aged" beef, as if it is a good thing for beef to be aged.  What if they called it "old" beef?  Would it be as attractive to eat for carnivores?  I don't think so.  So why is it that we call people who have been around for a while, matured to wisdom figures, "old."  Why not call them "aged?" I like to think of myself as aged.  I am seasoned by life.  My presence feeds the spirits of those around me.  Think positive, you old, I mean, aged persons!  We ain't done yet!

3 comments:

  1. Hard to think of myself as a mature wisdom figure and not old when I got on the wrong bus in Denver today. Thought I was headed for Boulder so closed my eyes and started my afternoon prayer time. When I opened them again I was the only passenger on a bus returning to Denver from its Broomfield destination! Driver thought he had an empty bus

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you had a good prayer time. Grace is everywhere, even in our missteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that more and more true!

    ReplyDelete