Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dumb Me

I accepted a parish mission without asking enough questions.  Turns out the pastor was going to be away when I got here.  Plans for eating were a bit "thin."  I was expected to preside at three consecutive Sunday masses, something I do not do anymore at 70+ years of age.  It beats up my back and legs.  Turns out it is Spring Break and many people are away, which is not good for attendance and $$$.  I never thought to ask about that either.  The pastor gets no newspaper and his cable plan has few stations. No March Madness here.  I blame myself for not thinking of all these things before I offered or agreed to this date.  It was 5 degrees when I got up my first morning here.  I could have been in Florida.  God must have a plan?  God's ways are not my ways.  Ain't it the truth for all of us one time or another?

No comments:

Post a Comment